One Life. What's it all about?
Who was Jesus? Why did he come? What does it mean to follow him?
Christianity Explored gives you time and space to consider the big questions of life and to explore the life of the person at the heart of the Christian faith – Jesus Christ.
- You don't need to know anything about the Bible
- You won't be asked to read aloud, pray or sing
- You can ask any question you want, or just listen
Everyone is welcome – from the most sympathetic Sunday Schooler to the convinced atheist. We will respect your background, culture and beliefs, and you can tell us as little or as much about yourself as you feel comfortable.
Our aim is to help people investigate Christianity in a relaxed and accessible way, and we encourage guests to come with all of their questions. In just a few weeks we won't be able to cover everything, but many people have found the course to be a good introduction to the big issues.
You will also get a chance to take away and read one of the eyewitness accounts of Jesus' life over the duration of a course, and there are options for further investigation afterwards if you find you are still interested.
Midweek evenings, with a hot meal, Sunday mornings, with coffee and pastries, and weekday lunchtimes (no food provided, but feel free to bring your own). Click for course dates.
- The Christianity Explored home page – find out more about the course, get answers to tough questions, and watch video clips of people who have come to believe for themselves
- Two Ways to Live – a simple explanation of the message at the heart of Christianity
- Be Thinking – a collection of video, audio and text resources to help you to understand the Christian faith
- Jesus Q&A – Investigating Christianity? Here are some talks you might find useful